Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D. is President & CEO of Americans United for Life (AUL), the first national pro-life organization in the nation, whose legal strategists have been involved in every pro-life case before the United States Supreme Court since Roe v. Wade.
AUL’s leadership in pro-life law was recognized when Dr. Yoest was called to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee during the confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominees Judge Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. Dr. Yoest has also provided Congressional testimony on other occasions before both the House of Representatives and the Senate.
Dr. Yoest began her career in the White House during the Reagan Administration and served as a Senior Advisor to the 2008 Huckabee for President Campaign. She is also the co-author of Mother in the Middle, an examination of childcare policy, published by HarperCollins.
A regular political commentator, Dr. Yoest has appeared on all of the major networks and cable outlets. In print, Dr. Yoest is quoted regularly and has been published widely. In August 2011, the Christian Science Monitor, in its cover-page profile of her, called Dr. Yoest “pro-life’s kinder, gentler face” and that “she represents the changing face of the antiabortion movement.”
Previously, Dr. Yoest served as the Project Director of the Family, Gender and Tenure Project at the University of Virginia, a nationwide study funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. She was also a recipient of Mellon, Olin, Bradley, and Kohler Fellowships. She also served as a Vice President at the Family Research Council, one of the largest pro-family public policy organizations in the country.
Dr. Yoest has a Ph.D. in Politics from the University of Virginia. She and her husband, Jack, live with their five children in the Washington, DC area.
Click here for a high-resolution photograph suitable for publication.
Op-Eds and Other Media:
- Christian Science Monitor, Abortion opponents have a new voice
- Washington Post, Meet the woman who got Komen to defund Planned Parenthood
- National Catholic Register, Behind the pro-life victories of 2011
- The Christian Post, New report reveals major pro-life gains undermining Roe v. Wade
- The New Republic, The Saleswoman: One pro-life leader’s savvy strategy
- Wall Street Journal, Abortion and the health bill
- PBS, Charmaine Yoest on abortion
- National Review Online, Five truths about Planned Parenthood
- The American Spectator, Charmaine Yoest’s victory for life
- Fox News, Can Planned Parenthood justify $1 million a day?
- The Washington Times, Nation’s largest abortion provider: Planned Parenthood
- World magazine, One step at a time
- Townhall.com, Grist for the grill: To question Sotomayor