Americans United for Life is the legal architect of the pro-life movement. We are accumulating victories, building momentum, and advancing a culture of life in America.
- Abortion–preventing the passage and implementation of laws permitting or expanding abortion, and pursuing regulations that are protective of the unborn.
- Legal recognition and protection for the unborn(in contexts outside of abortion) such as unborn victims of violence protections and wrongful death causes of action.
- Bioethics and biotechnologies including human cloning, destructive embryo research, and medically-appropriate regulation of assisted reproductive technologies.
- End-of-life issues such as euthanasia, assisted suicide, pain management, and palliative care.
- Health care freedom of conscience
Our work takes us from state legislatures to Capitol Hill and from American courtrooms to international tribunals. We are using life-affirming laws and policies as a vehicle to restore a culture of life in America and throughout the world.