For almost 40 years, Americans United for Life has served as the legal architect and builder of the pro-life movement, designing and implementing the legal and policy blueprints with which we can build and defend a culture of life.
Legal and policy issues on which we work nationally and internationally include:
• Abortion–preventing the passage and implementation of laws permitting or expanding abortion, and pursuing regulations that are protective of the unborn.
• Legal recognition and protection for the unborn (in contexts outside of abortion) such as unborn victims of violence protections and wrongful death causes of action.
• Bioethics and biotechnologies including human cloning, destructive embryo research, and medically-appropriate regulation of assisted reproductive technologies.
• End-of-life issues such as euthanasia, assisted suicide, pain management, and palliative care.
• Health care freedom of conscience
Our work takes us from state legislatures to Capitol Hill and from American courtrooms to international tribunals. We are using life-affirming laws and policies as a vehicles to restore a culture of life in America and throughout the world.