In advance of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee hearings scheduled for Monday, March 20th regarding the nomination Judge Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court, Americans United for Life Legal Team will be highlighting some of the crucial legal principles that will be in the news regarding life in the law.
The SCOTUS 101 project is intended to educate people on some of the key issues impacting abortion-related laws, which will likely be discussed during the hearings. Also, during the hearings, AUL will provide a daily react on the testimony looking back over the more than 40 years of laws impacting life and looking forward to a world after Roe, when the states can decide how best to protect mothers and their unborn children.
Commentary on Hearings
Daily commentary on the hearings available here following daily hearings.
Media Alerts on Hearings
• Clarke Forsythe, Why the States Did Not Prosecute Women for Abortion Before Roe v. Wade
• Clarke Forsythe, Why Roe/Casey Is Still Unsettled
• Advocates for Life, Constitutional Law and Abortion Primer
• Clarke Forsythe, Landmark Cases: Roe v. Wade (C-SPAN)
• Clarke Forsythe, Symposium: Pro-life in the Time of Trump (Human Life Review)
• Clarke Forsythe, Abortion And The Constitution: What You Need To Know (National Constitution Center)
• Deanna Wallace, The considerable legacy of Justice Antonin Scalia (The Washington Examiner)
• Deanna Wallace, Science And Law Side With Gorsuch’s Ruling On The Contraception Mandate (The Federalist)
• Clarke Forsythe, Schumer was right: The Senate can refuse to fill a vacancy (The Hill)
SCOTUS 101 Background Reports
AUL relies exclusively on charitable donations to support our operations.
Please consider a gift today so that we can continue our work.